The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet. ~Aristotle
Today is back-to-school for my sons, and I swear they are only focused on the “bitter” half of this quote.
- No more sleeping in.
- No more wearing pajamas ALL DAY.
- No more afternoons at the pool.
- No more endless hours of video games.
I can see where it might seem bitter.
But I think it’s sweet.
- No more rotating baby-sitters.
- No more coming home to “Operation Destroy the House.”
- No more “Mom, there’s nothing to do.”
I have convinced myself (if not them) that deep inside, they’re really looking forward to the start of school. I know I am.
- Monday Quote: Are you ready? (alenaslife.wordpress.com)
- Monday Quote – Coming Home (alenaslife.wordpress.com)