This week I was so happy to see that my friend Joan, The Thing About Joan… , had been nominated for the Kreativ Blogger Award. She was one of the first bloggers to follow me and has been a regular source of support and inspiration. She writes candidly about raising kids (and puppies), always with a sprinkling of humor and a good dose of reality-check.
I was frankly stunned to discover she had nominated me for the same honor! Starting alenaslife has been a reward for me just on its own. I have practiced my craft and come to know dozens of interesting people through the blogosphere. Thank you Joan for adding to the fun.
Part of the award is to write about 7 things you might find interesting about me, so here we go:
- I used to be Artistic Director of a professional theater company. In fact, there was a good chunk of my life when I believed I’d be directing plays until the day I died. Shows what I knew.
- I’m not an animal person. I know this will shock many, but I just don’t get the love of animals. I suffered through a turtle for a few years, but that’s as far as I’ll go in the pet department.
- I won’t eat nuts in dessert. Out of a bowl or in a salad, sure, but why would I want them in something that’s supposed to be sweet and smooth? Don’t even get me started on coconut.
- I really loved the television series, Gilmore Girls, like to the point that I watched it in reruns every day for a few years.
- I’m a huge Chicago sports fan: Bulls, Hawks, Bears, Cubs, even Chicago Fire.
- My husband does the cooking. Yes, I am just that lucky.
- I was bi-lingual as a child, but can barely get through ordering in a Mexican restaurant as an adult. Sad, but true.
And now, I’d like to nominate the following blogs for the Kreativ Blogger Award:
- memyselfandela because Ela’s posts always stop me in my tracks. She combines photography and poetry (mostly her own) in thoughtful and moving ways.
- Books and Bowel Movements because Cassie is as passionate about books as I am. Her Newsday Tuesday posts are filled with the best links and quotes of the week. She inspires me to work at my best.
- 50 things before I turn 50 CJ gets me up and moving with her enthusiasm for her life and determination to make the small changes in life that lead to the big ones. She is a remarkable woman on a fantastic journey.
- Life and All Things Love. This is one of the few blogs that brings me to tears (regularly), not because it’s author is intentionally pulling at heartstrings, but because she writes about life and motherhood from such a personal perspective. I might just as easily laugh heartily at her latest story, but I have the tissues ready just in case.
- Dare I Eat a Peach? Carrie Nyman is a young author who writes beautifully about writing. She shares her own struggles and accomplishments, which I find both enlightening and inspiring. I never quite know what to expect from her blog and I like that.
- Bookananda is just books, books and more books. But she writes about books I would not normally read, and that intrigues me. On her blog you’ll find great style and variety.
- Word by Word. Claire sometimes writes about a single title, sometimes along a theme, but she always stays true to her blog’s theme, which is to write about inspiration and journey. Even when I disagree about a particular book, I love to read her viewpoint.
I’m going to follow Joan’s lead and pass along the rules for those nominated:
- Copy the Kreativ Blogger Award logo and place it in your post.
- Thank the person who nominated you and link back to their blog.
- List 7 things about you that people might find interesting.
- Nominate 7 other bloggers for their own Kreativ Blogger Award.
- Leave a comment on the blogs you nominate to let them know about the award.
Thanks again, Joan! You really made my week with this nomination and I hope I was able to interest you in at least one new blog.
14 thoughts on “Kreativ Blogger: It’s an honor to be nominated”
thanks Cheri. It was quite a surprise.
I can’t wait to read through the blogs you’ve listed. Don’t you just love getting turned on to new blogs? So. Fun.
I was going to tease you about the no-pet thing, but then Louie just threw up on my shoes. Sigh.
I felt kind of bad about that one since you were the one who nominated me, but it’s so true.
This was a great experience. I still need to let my nominees know so I’m doing that now.
Ha! It’s all good as long as you can stand to read my posts about Louie the pup with apparently a weak stomach.
So glad you enjoyed doing this! Can’t wait to see what you’re reading next!
You are too sweet. What plays did you put on as Creative Director?! AND GILMORE GIRLS. You need to visit Raleigh – I have them all on DVD and we could have a Gilmore Girls weekend!
Oh Cassie, a GG weekend sounds awesome. I’ve never been to Raleigh. Someday…
I directed a bunch of plays, but my favorites were WHO’S AFRAID OF VIRGINIA WOLF?; LIPS TOGETHER, TEETH APART; LES LIAISONS DANGEREUSESES and MILL FIRE. Those were wonderful times that I’ll always treasure.
If you didn’t live in Chicago and I didn’t live in the great, vast, South. We could quite possibly be besties! I would encourage you to have more love in your heart for our four legged friends, lol! I LUV, LUV your blog and am thrilled that you received the nomination. I just wish I could have been the one to nominate you instead of vice versa. You are far more deserving!
You are too sweet. I guess we’ll just have to be virtual besties. I’m looking forward to seeing some of your favorite blogs and I’m so glad you like mine. It’s been a wonderful experience so far.
Congratulations on the award and so deserved, after that adventure on World Book Night, you should be nominated for Inspiring, Motivated and Going Beyond the Call of Duty blogger 🙂
Thank you so much for the nomination and for your kind words, I look forward to reading more from you too.
Thanks Claire. I honestly think World Book Night was one of the best things I’ve ever done. Plus it had the added benefit of connecting me with so many book loving bloggers.
Your experience really touched me, and did make me wonder how it is to actually connect with people like that, nerve-wracking and fulfilling all in one. I could certainly sense the excitement everywhere, I’m going to try and participate next year if it’s possible.
if you go to World Book Night’s Facebook page, there’s a link to sign up for their mailing list. I encourage everyone to sign up.
Thanks, I will.